fot

Re: [FOT] Manifold Gasket

To: mcandrew@pol.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Manifold Gasket
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:36:30 EST
In a message dated 3/15/06 12:17:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mcandrew@pol.net writes:

<<
 I have had a small exhaust leak between the block and header at the forth
 cylinder on my TR3.  I'm putting on a new gasket.  Do you use any type of
 sealant or dressing on the gasket?>>

I have been putting a thick layer of ball joint grease on both sides of my
gaskets.  When you first fire up the engine, there is a lot of smoke for a
while.  It seems to form a carbon seal.  I also install two gaskets, or double
gasket it, which seem to help.  There may be better ways.