fot

Re: [FOT] Water Pump

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Water Pump
From: REK46@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:01:22 EST
I don t race vintage...just current scca...Spitfires...but we have always cut
our impellers down to 2,from 4...the origs were designed to move water at
street rpms,under 5000....we run up to 8ooo,plus....and the higher eng rpm
moves
the water thru the rad too quickly to cool....as well as causing
cavitation...don't forget,the water is carrying the heat away from the head and
needs to
cool before re-entering head or you are just circulating inreasing temp
water...longer time thru the rad allows heat transfer to take place