fot

Re: [FOT] Road America/Kastner Cup Presentation/Bi-Coastal

To: wgrosenbach@juno.com, RKramer@rdoequipment.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Road America/Kastner Cup Presentation/Bi-Coastal
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:14:45 EDT
    After making as much fuss as I did about the acceptance of the TR7 at
Hallet, I was not able to make it there. I have a good excuse, I have sustained
an injury that broke my collar bone and that still makes moment of my right
shoulder very painful. I don't know when I will be able to drive competitively
again, hopefully before the end of the year.

    But the reality of the situation is that even without the injury, I would
not have been able to make it anyway due to family considerations (children
5,6,8) as well as conflicts that developed with a major business trade show. At
this point in my life, taking a week off to go travel to a Triumph national
race is not practical. And frankly, even my participation of West Coast events
has been minimial in the past few years for the same reasons.

    Speaking practically and optimistically from the standpoint of my own
future participation, I really feel FOT should be thinking in terms of several
"regional" events each year and periodically have a single national FOT event.
As much as I would love to drive Lime Rock and Watkin's Glen in the TR7, its
not practical at this point in time.

    Is VARA still having the British event at Buttonwillow?

Cary