fot

Re: [FOT] seats

To: "dick ross" <niteseeker@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] seats
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:45:30 -0400
I remember seeing recent articles, I think in the SCCA mag, on safety.  The
seat discussion focused on new safety studies for side impact that
recommended seats that "wing" or wrap around your shoulders, as the shoulder
structure can take orders of magnitude higher loads than can the ribcage,
which is where seats traditionally support the driver.
If you look at current NASCAR, that's the set-up.  Not sure our little cars
actually have room for it, at least on the outboard side.