fot

[FOT] Re: [MGVR] TC - TD Header & Starter Motor

To: MGVR@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FOT] Re: [MGVR] TC - TD Header & Starter Motor
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:00:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/2006 8:47:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dmeadow@juno.com writes:

These are available from the local auto parts store for a fraction of the
cost of the fancy race ones.  Now, some motors on the gear reduction  starters
can be turned to adjust for clearance, the Isuzu one cannot, so  whether it
will clear everything in a TD installation would be subject to  testing.

--David Littlefield

There actually are two Isuzu Trooper starters that will bolt up to most
British cars. The earlier one is direct drive and the later is a gear reduction

unit. They each have a different solenoid position so if one doesn't work then
the other might. I don't remember if either can be turned and I don't have
one  to look at.

Just go to any good auto parts store and ask for late seventies 6 cyl.
Trooper starters. They might even let you take both and bring one back. Like
David
said, less than $100 with a lifetime warranty!

Jack woehrle