fot

RE: [FOT] Rear spring bushings

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Rear spring bushings
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:28:58 -0500
Interesting.  I've got an additional leaf in the rear spring, pretty
stiff front springs, and a big front roll bar.  I'm very happy with
the handling, but got my butt kicked by the Peyote.  I've never tried
much softer rear springs - it seemed counter-intuitive in trying to
get the understeer out of the car (at least when developing the setup
on Jack's car).  Of course, stiffening the front makes the understeer
decrease - I've never figured that one out.

Back to the original question, I think the Ken Gillanders spring
locating kit goes along with (or includes?) a solid front bushing
that I believe is bronze or brass.  I know it works well, and
eliminates the need for panhard bar / watts link.

- Tony Drews