fot

Re: [FOT] Kastner D cam?

To: KLynch7589@aol.com, mjb@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Kastner D cam?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:03:20 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/06 9:00:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
KLynch7589@aol.com writes:

<< Is this cam available for sale anymore or just copy the spec yourself
deal?

In the olden days, I started with a real Kastner D cam.  I then acquired a
real Kastner F cam, and finally bought a real Kastner G-3 cam from someone at
Nelson Ledges.  The G-3 cam was the best cam that I ever had, but it finally
got
blown to bits.  I went back to the F cam, but it soon got destroyed.  Every
other cam that I have used were regrinds.

Kas referred me to Bill Jenks of Moon Eye, who had ground all of the Kastner
cams.  I had Bill grind a cam for me, and he did a very good job.  The base
circle is still smaller than the originals since it is a regrind.

For some reason, Kas's G-3 cam seemed to have more lift than any cams I ever
had.  The valve springs were bottoming out, and I went to small block Chevy
valve springs.