fot

[FOT] Re: TR6 Headers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Re: TR6 Headers
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:04:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

This is just a quick query to the group. It may apply only to TR6.

I have a TRF Falcon header that I bought quite some time ago. It looks
like a very nice piece. When I started getting the car ready this year, I
figured that I'd try to use this piece seeing that it is much nicer than
the Monza header that I've been using. It bolted up fine with the
exception of having to replace a couple of the studs with cap screws to
clear the inside radius of a couple of the bends... okay, all well and
good.

The problem that I have is that the Cannon manifold for the webers
interesects with the tubes for the #1 and #6 exhaust ports (about 2.5
inches out from the flange). I looked at relieving the intake casting, but
the material is too thin there, so it looks like I have to either relieve
the header (maybe heat with a torch and re-shape it a bit) or (heaven
forbid) re-position the tube...

If anyone with the Falcon header and the Cannon manifold can provide
insight/guidance, I'd appreciate it. Note: this is an early fed.spec head
(e.g. narrow port TR6), if that matters. Because of that, playing with the
intake manifold is a last resort (these parts appear to be scarce).

I really want to use this header if for no other reason that I have a $400
header sitting on my parts pile, but it looks like a nice piece and I'd
like to get it coated and all that.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489