fot

Re: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components

To: BOB KRAMER <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:48:05 -1000
Not really. When you open a bottle and use half of it you're filling
1/2 the volume with moist air. That's enough. And yes, the fluid in
your M/C gets even more water in it, which is why frequent flushes
are necessary to maintain optimum boiling point and brake performance.

Try this experiment some time. Drive your car for ten laps at a track
you're familiar with using brake fluid that has been in the car for
more than one race weekend. Do laps three through ten at racing
speed. Note your braking performance. Come into the pits, thoroughly
flush your fluid with LMA or your favorite flavor and change NOTHING
else. Do ten more laps and see if you can tell the difference in
braking. You'll be shocked. It's not a small difference. It's a huge
difference.