fot

Re: [FOT] Reality check: Hybrid hype and HOV cutoff in 07

To: BillB@bnj.com, S.Janzen@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Reality check: Hybrid hype and HOV cutoff in 07
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:38:57 +0000
>If they were a step in the right direction then they would make  economic
>sense. they are a fashion accessory for the holier-than-thou  crowd.

   Ain't that how the beetle got started?

   Hybrids maybe a "fashion accessory" at this point, but it's fashion
accessories that we need to get
   the public to start thinking seriously about essential truths we've been
ignoring for years... There
   isn't a serious scientific study that doesn't agree that our global
climate is changing.

   Putting that asside for a moment. The real issue is we need to get off
the oil nipple. We've have
   left our national wellbeing to the benevolence of "foreign princes" who
have their own agendas.
   If you think that's "good"... well... I don't.

   I believe hybrids are an interim step, like flex fuel, clean diesel and
biodiesel  on the way to other
   technologies which in turn are an interim steps to other technologies.

   Ultimately we will have to reassess how we live and where we live. These
are big changes for
   any society. The world is full of ruins of the civilizations that didn't
survive when change was
   needed.

   My guess is it won't be pretty...

   YMMV