fot

[FOT] Hoosier Tire/temp air pressure info

To: fot@autox.team.net, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: [FOT] Hoosier Tire/temp air pressure info
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
Okay, here is the information from the Saturday morning qualifying  session.
The reason I am only posting one, is because this data is the  truest of all of
our data. Our other data isn't as accurate due to cool  down laps. So thus it
is hard to say exactly what other changes netted,  but I will state visual and
driver feedback for the other recorded  session.

  Track: Watkins Glen
  Course: Full Course
  Time: Approx 9:30 AM
  Approx. Ambient Air Tempature: 85 degrees
  Fastest Lap Time: 2'22.648
  2nd Fastest Lap Time: 2'23.333
  # of Flying Laps:  4
                                      Cold Pressures:

                                                Front
                                 Left (Drivers  side)          Right

                                       26lbs                   26lbs

                                                  Rear
                                 Left                                Right

                               25lbs                              25lbs

                       Front         Rear
   Camber: -3 degree's      0 (solid rear axle)

                                                  HOT Data

                                                  Front
                                   Left                          Right

                                  32lbs                         31lbs

                                                     Rear
                                  Left                          Right
                                  31lbs                       31lbs

                                           Tire Tempatures
                                                    Front
                                  Left                           Right

                           O     M     I                      I      M   O
                           127/157/155               141/151/138

                                                   Rear
                                 Left                             Right

                             O    M    I                      I     M    O
                          149/158/140                139/152/139

  Driver and Crew notes:

  Driver: Understeer everywhere, most notably on corner exit (power induced)
  Crew: Visually confirmed understeer as seen at the exit of Turn 11

  Sunday:

  Changes made: dropped 2lbs cold on EVERY tire. Rear sway bar stiffened "1
Notch"

  Report: Car felt more neutral than before, but still understeered, again most
notably at corner exit (power induced)
  Approx. Air tempature: 95
  Time: 10:30AM
  Fastest Lap Time: 2'23.7
  Air  pressure/ Tire tempatures: Exact data invalid due to cool down  lap,
Tire tempatures still HOTTER in the middle by avg. 8  degrees.Visually tire
wearing in the middle. Tires scrubbed to within  1/4 ince of the "bead" (a line
that goes around the sidewall of the  tire towards the outsides, if you saw the
tire you should know what I  am talking about) on the sidewall.

  - I hope this helps. It's data to go by, and remember that every car  and
driver is different. This should hopefully get some of you folk to  reach a
conclusion for an approx. starting point.

  -Bob Adams

starting at 1"/min.