fot

[FOT] VARAC Vintage Festival at Mosport

To: "Amici Triumphi" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] VARAC Vintage Festival at Mosport
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:00:56 -0400
Fantastic weekend at Mosport for most of the Triumphs. The weather was amazing,
and the Canadian hospitality was overflowing as usual.

Neat thing about this event is the format. Typical test day Thursday, three
untimed practice sessions on Friday, qualifying session Saturday morning and
race one Saturday afternoon. Then on Sunday morning we get our second race of
the weekend, and the feature event is another race Sunday afternoon. Each race
sets the starting grid for the next race. I think it really is the format is a
lot of fun.

Russ Moore and Donny Sopp ran strong with their Spitfires, while a couple of
Canadian Spits did well and not so well. In the big TR category, Bud Babcock
and Dave Spiwak ran their TR3's, I ran my TR4, and there was a dark blue TR6 of
Canadian origin. The TR6 suffered a broken rear hub, lost the wheel and kissed
the wall lightly. Repairs were made right down to painting the dented and
scuffed panels. I tried to chat with the driver but I kept missing him.

The Group Three guys ran quite clean, but a poor guy wrecked his MGB hard in
the wall with a solo spin coming off turn one. This was his first time on track
with this car following a very long and expensive restoration. It pretty much
spoiled our race with only 3 laps run under the green, but no doubt it spoiled
the MGB guy's season.

Continued...

Henry Frye
Sent from my Treo PDA