fot

Re: [FOT] in car videos: nice idea for FOT racers perhaps?

To: triumph_marx@freenet.de
Subject: Re: [FOT] in car videos: nice idea for FOT racers perhaps?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:55:09 -0700
For what it's worth, I just tool a look at both the models I have (I
have a lot of 917 models) and a couple of books. It looks like the
dash in the movie is a 917K. The open cars (like the 917/30) had a
bar shaped dash, while the closed cars had a more conventional
looking arrangement.

Can't say what's making that bypass sound, though I imagine any 917
made a lot of very interesting sounds.

The track is certainly more modern, and some of the cars he's passing
look like fairly modern sports racers.