fot

[FOT] further on carb problems

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] further on carb problems
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:24:23 -0500
Just an anecdote that may be interesting to the TRnerds like me --

One of our former listers had H6 carbs and failed the floats
repeatedly. He tried all sorts of ways to get the floats to last but
couldn't find a solution to the leaky floats. It took him a couple of
years to determine that the problem was being caused by the brass
floats banging away in the chamber while the car was on the trailer
being towed with little or no gas in the chambers. Once he solved
that problem, he had no more float breakage problems. That lister
would probably relate this himself but he dropped off the list
because of some of the list content.

uncle jack