fot

RE: [FOT] Color Tune & MG Ideas

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Color Tune & MG Ideas
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:21:58 -0700
Sounds like the rings are toast.

Colortunes are fine for setting idle mixtures--used them on motorcycles for
years. They can't handle the temperature and pressure of a dyno run, or
they'd be great for main jets settng too. They carbon up fairly quickly and
require careful cleaning. At one time I knew of a solvent that cleans them
well, but I don't recall what it was, only that it was a little exotic.