fot

RE: [FOT] Color Tune & MG Ideas

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Color Tune & MG Ideas
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:53:35 -0700
They probably ARE equally toasted. Most of us are used to racing engines,
but high mileage car engine fail in a much more civilized manner.
Compression stays okay, but the rings are stuck in their grooves with gook
(technical term) or they've lost most of their spring tension and the oil
rings aren't working either. You get lots of blow by and that makes the
crankcase pressure climb. If you do a leak down test it might be more
obvious.

I'd say it might be oil getting past the guides, and it might be, but your
crankcase pressure issue makes it more likely to be rings.