fot

Re: [FOT] GT6 brake upgrade

To: tr6nut@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] GT6 brake upgrade
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:42:19 -0700 (PDT)
> As for the caliper, the vented Toyota 4-Runner caliper
> should bolt up fine - don't know whether it'll fit your stock steel
> wheels though.

I don't *really* care about the stock steel wheels, though they're
an interesting data point (I have three different sets of aftermarket
wheels for the GT6+).

I'm not planning to go to vented rotors on this car, but other folks
might... but when I upgrade the 4A, I might go the vented route
just for grins.

Rumor has it that Ted Schumacher is selling the hard lines needed
for this Toyota caliper conversion. Ted, are you out there? Are
you selling them ... preferably with an AN-3 tube nut/flare? :-)

And, while I'm collecting thoughts about this conversion - John's web
page includes some brake distance tests with stock brakes, Toyota
fronts, and Toyota fronts + larger rear cylinders. I notice that the
decrease in distance is larger from the cylinder change than the
caliper change! Very interesting, that.