fot

re: [FOT] Computer public service announcement (no TR content)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: re: [FOT] Computer public service announcement (no TR content)
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:57:22 -0400
Tony Drews wrote:

>The department of homeland security is requesting that everyone running
>windows 2000, windows XP and windows 2003 server install the latest round
>of windows updates from Microsoft.  If you don't have automatic updates
>turned on, you can get them by going to http://update.microsoft.com.

Mmmmm.  I wonder if we are seeing a repeat of the DHS-Verizon-ATT
cooperation?

FWIW, I've not installed any security updates on my Macs in 4 years,
and both work fine.  One is connected to the internet for email and
proxy browsing, and the other is never connected to the net or the other
machine and is used only for personal stuff. If I need to copy (cleaned)
files
between the 2 machines, I use a FLASH card.  My other filing system
are many 3-ring binders and paper!

If my Mac connected to the net ever became corrupted, I'd reformat
the disk and reload the OS (still at OS X 10.2).  A trivial task.

As for my work machine, well that's just work and FOT!  :)

Shane Ingate, live free or die, in Maryland
"Just because you are not paranoid, don't think no-one is watching."