fot

Re: [FOT] spitfire freeze-plugs

To: "dale oesterle" <dale.oesterle@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] spitfire freeze-plugs
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:53:44 -0700
The simple fix is to tap a small hole on each side of the freeze plug and
place a steel strap across the plug.  The strap has a taped hole in the middle
with a bolt and lock nut.  You install the plug, place the strap across,
tighten the securing bolts, then turn the center bolt in to touch the plug
with a little tension and tighten the lock nut. But that is the fix not the
cure. Sounds like a lot of block pressure. You check that with a gauge on the
block drain. .

Never Be beaten by Equipment
Kas Kastner