fot

Re: [FOT] spitfire freeze-plugs

To: dale.oesterle@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] spitfire freeze-plugs
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 01:00:23 GMT
After I lost one on my Spitfire at Pocono years ago I drilled and
tapped a few screw holes around the perimeter (4-40 screws), so that
the screw heads over lapped the edges of the plug to hold it in.  It
did not come out again, while I owned the car.  Joe(B)

-- dale oesterle <dale.oesterle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Folks:  I am having trouble blowing spitfire block freeze-plugs. Four
in two weekends.  I have tried epoxy; I have tried the scew-in style.
It seems to happen at high rpms.  The block must not be cooling
properly.  I use a late model water pump with a large pulley.  Any
suggestions?  Oesterle

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com