fot

Re: [FOT] FYI: Good harmonic dampers for Triumphs

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] FYI: Good harmonic dampers for Triumphs
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:39:24 -0400
Yes, ATI makes a great dampner...been using one for a few years now
with good results. The drawings and design I've used has a set of
countersunk posi-drive bolts holding it all together. (Be sure to ask
for this design as it provides extra clearance for the crossmember) The
pulley is derived from a Ford Pinto with a specially made hub for TR's.
The hub has to be honed to fit (not a real problem) and is designed to
be a very tight press fit. Also, be sure that your crank key does not
stand too proud of the crank as it can interfere with the hub and split
the nice new alum hub.
After utilizing the ATI unit I no longer have broken anymore front caps
and block webbing! Yeah!

              Redlines are only suggestions ...aren't they?
                                          Nick in Nor Cal