fot

RE: [FOT] FYI: Good harmonic dampers for Triumphs

To: trmarty@glwb.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] FYI: Good harmonic dampers for Triumphs
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:26:46 -0400
Hi Marty,

I've not spoken with ATI directly.  I heard that they had "several" sets of
drawings, of which one was certainly for the 4-cylinder because I held it
and watched it being installed.  Barry Rosenburg stated that ATI was
commissioned some years ago to do the drawings for the fours.  Now whether
someone has commissioned ATI to do the drawings for the six is anyone's
guess until we call ATI and ask them, which I will do today.

I note that the timing marks on the damper that I saw were very
comprehensive, and that the damper was zero balanced.  I will ask ATI if the
timing marks are for the TR, or are generic.

I doubt very much if the design for the four is the same as for the six, as
they have completely different resononance characteristics.  But what is
important is that we have found a company that is willing to work with us.

The down side is that the damper is pretty thick (deep), which requires
notching the front cross-member.  Darn, wish I had done all this before
putting the motor back in.

Shane Ingate, undampened in Maryland
"Anyone can restore a car.  It takes a real man to cut one up."