fot

RE: [FOT] Tr2 resto question

To: "'epaul21988@aol.com'" <epaul21988@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Tr2 resto question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:56:54 -0700
Sounds like you were checking camber, not caster. I don't know what radiator
tube brace you're talking about, there is a tower brace that fits between
the shock towers, and NO you don't want to have the shock towers bent
inwards.

There could be a lot of things wrong that are causing problems, camber is
not at the top of that list, though you should have it checked--more
accurately than with a square. On TR2/3s the camber is not adjustable, and
shouldn't need any adjustment unless you're racing the car or something is
bent. In the unlikely event that you need camber adjusted you can have the
uprights bent (the link between the lower suspension (the trunnion) and the
upper suspension (ball joint) that carries the stub axle.

The brake drum can't have anything to do with camber unless your stub axle
is bent. Too many variables to tell without looking at the car. I'd say you
need to find a local expert to give you a hand.