fot

Re: [FOT] head gasket problems

To: <KENMUN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] head gasket problems
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:27:59 -0700
Basically, that doesn't work. The stock gaskets have thin copper fire
rings and if they are exposed to the combustion chamber at all
without heat sink on both sides, they burn away. You either need
solid copper gaskets from Gasket Works or shim steel gaskets. You
might also need to stake your water passages, though it doesn't sound
like it. For that, and for any TR3 racing of any kind, you need Kas'
books. Buy two of each so you'll be able to find them. Cheapest
investment in successful TR racing that you can make.