fot

RE: [FOT] TR-6 Tires

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] TR-6 Tires
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 19:02:25 -0700
> if I can
> get some drift in the corners, or get a bit sideways that's WAY more
> fun to me.

I agree, but to my mind that's more a function of how predictable the tires
are near the limit.  If they break suddenly and then skate over the road,
that's no fun at all.  Where the limit is doesn't matter as much ... I can
always push to the limit.

The Dunlops were OK, until I almost spun out just making an ordinary turn on
wet pavement.  I don't normally drive the TR in the rain (much), but this
was just a broken sprinkler head (which is pretty common around here), and
both rear tires broke traction (with an open diff).  I got rid of them in a
hurry after that, didn't feel safe on them.

Randall