fot

Re: [FOT] Oils & Coolants

To: "Jim Cun" <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Oils & Coolants
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:33:51 -0700
A stock TR3 might use mineral oils--I don't know anyone on this list
that has one of those. I would guess 99 percent of the racers use
synthetics. I use either Mobil 1 or Redline, generally 20/50. For
coolant I use water. Straight water--you can't use any antifreeze at
most race tracks and you shouldn't. If you get even a tiny amount on
your tires you'll go staight to the pucker brush.