fot

[FOT] TR4 Race Car Part 2

To: FOT@autox.team.net, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] TR4 Race Car Part 2
From: Cofrog@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:34:01 EDT
For those who E-mailed an interest in the TR4 race car, I have more info.

Checked the car out today.  Log book has last run in 1994 when the engine
went.  The driver recently sold it to the present owner who has ideas of
stripping off parts to put on his street TR3s.  This would be a shame.

As it sits, it is w/o motor and the present owner is adamant about him
keeping the transmission so essentially the car is still complete except for
these.
Has many trick parts and some spares.  It has a detroit locker 4:55 rearend,
aluminum front hubs from Gillanders, four never been used KN wheels, Tilton
multiple master cylinder set up, set up suspension w/appropriate springs,
swaybars, tube shock conversion w/Spax adjustable shocks and a fuel cell.  The
front
suspension has been modified to provide negative camber.

The body is straight with the exception of some bends in the lower front
valance.  It has a very sturdy rollcage, racing seat and nearly new 12 year old
still holding air racing tires. Has been stored inside since raced last.  The
car has all the essential aftermarket gauges mounted in aluminum dash along
with
a kill switch.

The buyer would probably be provided a block by PO, maybe a stock head and
(that's not all folks) a TR3 Tranny.

I recall this car being very competitive.  It ran just behind the fastest
third of the 911s.  So essentially what you have is a complete car minus motor
and transmission that should be good to go with a minimal amount of effort.  I
am hoping to save it before the PO starts doing anything crazy.

Dan Forgey