fot

Re: [FOT] Triumph frames

To: "'FOT Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Triumph frames
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:06:18 -0400
When I was restoring a TR3A for a fellow from Toronto, I could see I had to
replace the floors.  When I got the rusty ones out, I tapped on the frame
with my ball-peen hammer.  It was like I was tapping onto a croissant.  He
had cleaned off the left side in an accident and left it for 3 years (winter
and summer) under a tarpaulin on the dirt in his rear garden.  I had to
replace the frame.  Thanks to Joe Alexander who happened to have one at the
time and took it to Limerock, then to northern Vermont, I was able to
continue with the restoration.  The car is now complete and returned to the
owner.  Last weekend he took 3rd in class in the concours at Bronte Creek
Park just west of Toronto.  Of the 1100 British Cars there, there must have
been 200 Triumphs.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A