fot

RE: [FOT] Mallory condensers

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Mallory condensers
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:53:50 -0700
Sure could be, I've seen a funny coating on the condenser bases that
looked like electrolytic corrosion. I'm getting a first hand look at
dissimilar metal corrosion. The under skin of my Airstream is pulling
away from the frame because all the aluminum pop rivets that held the
skin on are popped into a steel frame. The corrosion turns the aluminum
to dust around the rivet for the diameter of about a penny.

I've rarely found a condenser to be bad when I test them. They just
don't work well. Could very well be corrosion.