fot

Re: [FOT] Mallory condensers

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Mallory condensers
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:58:03 -0500
As the body of the condensor is to be to ground, why not just run a wire
from the condensor attaching point (which is also the condensor case) to a
good solid ground on the engine?  If not having the case of the condensor
properly grounded, this should solve the problem.  Also, if the condensor is
failing, you should be "burning" up points because one of it's functions is
to keep the voltage from arcing across the points when they open.  All this
makes sense IF I understand correctly which condensor is failing and how it
is wired in.

Tim