fot

RE: [FOT] winter storage

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] winter storage
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:35:39 -0400
I drain it. I figure the engine gets torn down so often and the coolant
replaced so often that any nastiness that forms in the radiator and
block will get removed or flushed before it does any harm. Can't be any
worse than the Stop Leak that I added a couple years ago that I can't
seem to get rid of. That stuff is forever.

Another rationalization I have is when I put the race car away for the
season it usually has a tired engine, and will be torn down and rebuilt
in the spring. Not so this year, I am going to Mid-Ohio this weekend
with a fresh motor, Grattan was not kind to the yellow TR4.

>From the looks of the weather forecast we are in for a chilly one. I
wish I had two sets of Nomex long underwear...