fot

[FOT] Mid-Ohio repaving

To: "Amici Triumphi" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Mid-Ohio repaving
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:57:12 -0400
This was my first time at M-O since the resurfacing. I don't remember it being
all that bad before, but it sure is smooth now.

I was concerned that with the removal of the concrete patches I would loose my
visual aids, and I would be lost out there. Didn't happen.

They put some kind of coating on the driving line in the turns. I heard two
opinions on the coating, one that it is a traction enhancer, the other is it is
a sealer that reduced traction so the asphalt does not break up under loads of
the big boys. I couldn't tell any difference at all, but we never took the
track with temps above 50 degrees F.

The good news is the coating seems to be, for the most part, exactly where the
dry line is. My guess is a track talk for Mid-Ohio would be 'drive from one
patch to the next'... You will not be too far off where you want to be!

They kinda neutered the jumping turn leading into Thunder Valley, I'm thinking
it's 11. Used to be your car got real light and moved one car width to the wall
when you got it just right, now the best I got was a half car width jump. I was
told they moved the wall back as well, but I never noticed the old wall or the
new wall, so I am taking their word on that one...

Henry Frye
Sent from my Treo PDA