fot

Re: [FOT] 240 Z brake drums

To: atenglish@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] 240 Z brake drums
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:36:02 -0700
Following is a blurb I lifted from some Triumph mailing list some time ago.
I could not find the referenced item at the AutoPArtsGieant site, but they
do list a 1978 Nissan/Datsun rear drum that would be the start.
"

In order to fit the 240Z drums to a "6", you need to open up the center hole
a bit and have the rear "lip" machined off the drums (interferes with the TR
backing plate). Or, if you have not proceeded with any mods to the drums,
you may want to just return them and buy a set of Autospecialty P/N EBD-044R
"aluminum replacement drums". Autospecialty is a division of TRW. The
EBD-044R is a 240Z casting that is already machined to fit our TRs. An
online check shows that Auto Parts Giant
(www.autopartsgiant.com<http://mail.google.com/mail/www.autopartsgiant.com>)
has them for $71.53 each with free shipping, which is probably less than the
Brembos and might even be less than the machining costs (to modify the
Brembos). If you want to see what they look like, go to
http://www.vintageprep.com/drum.html . And of course, I have NFI in any of
the companies I listed in this email."

I did not keep who wrote this, so if you are the author, I apologize but
would suspect you do not mind since you shared this info with us once
before.  I know in my own case, I jsut bought new Datsum drums and wiened
the hole with a dremel myself.

Chuck