fot

[FOT] Triumphant Triumphs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Triumphant Triumphs
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:29:15 GMT
Triumphs did well at the SCCA's North Atlantic Road Racing
Chanpionship (NARRC) runoffs this past weekend at Lime Rock.
Triumphs took two class championships (EP and GP).  Jay Creel in his
first full season with his Spitfire took the GP championship, thanks
to some quick tire changing by his crew. He cut a tire during the
race and had to pit.  His dad, Jack, the defending champion, won the
GP race in his spitfire.  A Mini Cooper was in the championship
points race, making it mandatory for Jay to finish to win.

I took the EP championship in my TR3A, with a second place in class
race finish.  The race leader was an EP RX7 that ususally runs
nationals and was 2 seconds per lap faster than me.  I held off a BMW
325, a 2002 and a Datsun 240Z in my championship points race.

Qualifying on Friday was wet and cold, but we all managed to finish
the day with out major incident.  I did, however, get my car high
centered at the top of the uphill as I was trying to re-enter after a
spin.  The curb got wedged up inside the frame, so it took the tow
trucks a few trys before they could be me off it.  Fortunatly there
was no damage.  Saturday was sunny and cold.  I don't think that I
even broke a sweat in this 25 lap race, it was so cold.  Joe(B)

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com