fot

Subject: [FOT] Sleeves

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: [FOT] Sleeves
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 01:21:33 EST
In a message dated 10/29/2006 9:12:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> [...]

In my experience, at least on the 1200cc Triumph Herald, 4-ring pistons were
intended for relatively low compression engines,
and if used on higher compressions they are weak at the bottom ring and will
break up...do not ask me how I know this.

My advice is to avoid using 4 ring pistons in at all possible, and stick to
3-ring.

Good Luck

Leon

<A