fot

[FOT] Contemplating the Torque Reaction Arm

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Contemplating the Torque Reaction Arm
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:02:52 EST
FoT:

Let me try this on you.

It occurs to me that the greater amount of stress on the front motor mounts
may happen on deceleration.

The idea of stress being reduced by the OEM Torque Reaction Arm makes more
sense to me under deceleration.

The way that the TRA is configured and located on the passenger side of the
frame, I dont see how it can work any other way.

That being said, it might make sense to have a mirror image TRA on both sides.

I made them intially for the street guys in the interest of originality, but
I would never leave home without mine...again.

Anyway, I could never really explain how they worked under
accleration....maybe that is not what they are for. Those with greater
engineering minds might
contemplate this further and let me know.

Thanks,

Joe (A)