fot

[FOT] Spindle - spacer replacement parts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Spindle - spacer replacement parts
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:25:24 -0600
I am the supplier of the spacer kits for the front spindles in the TR
series cars. I sell them direct and they are also available through
The Roadster Factory.

Some of the hardware parts are hard for the end user to obtain. For
example, I can't find any retailer for the slotted nut so I must buy
in very large quantities. The shims are somewhat of a problem too,
since I must buy commercially available 1" OD shims and then cut them
down to the proper diameter so they don't rub on the bearings, so
they are more expensive than they look.

Anyway, if you are a user of this kit from whatever source, and if
you need replacement parts for any of the kit's contents, I'll supply
them for cost plus postage. For example, I'll supply any nut or
washer for $1 apiece, which is less than my cost - I have a lifetime
supply of them. I'll supply additional shim sets for $5 apiece plus
postage shim sets or individual shim sizes in reasonable quantities
for $5 plus postage. I'm not making any money on this, just
interested in everybody being happy with their kits.

uncle jack