fot

Re: [FOT] TR Action

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR Action
From: "michael cook" <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:26:07 -0500
The prime movers behind the straight-axle TR4A were Les Genser and Bud Forman
of Genser-Forman Triumph Distributors here in New Jersey who had the Northeast
territory. They were old-line Plymouth dealers who believed that the only way
to sell any kind of car was on price.

Most of the rest of the distributors and dealers were okay with the IRS
price.

As well as "TR Action" there's legal action. In the 1970s, Bud and Les ended
up in jail after being convicted of one of the largest tax evasion schemes in
US history.

Rumor has it that a number of TR4A IRS race cars wore the badge on the trunk
but a straight axle underneath.

Mike Cook