fot

[FOT] Timeserts in TR4 block

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Timeserts in TR4 block
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:42:30 -0600
Has anyone experimented with using Timesert inserts on the stud holes in
the TR4 block?  I've had a couple of head gasket failures that I've
traced to an untimely loss of torque in the middle 2 holes in the block.
Pieces of thread were found at the bottom of the holes. I could just
swap block but I'd hate to waste another engine just for the block. The
Timeserts are a thinwall threaded bushing that are recessed into the
metal. It seems to me that it would work. An alternative would be the
Key serts.

Bob Kramer