fot

Re: [FOT] Timeserts in TR4 block

To: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Timeserts in TR4 block
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:53:46 -1000
I've sure timeserts or Keysert would work fine though they might be
hard to insert in the deep holes. I have used regular old helicoils
with excellent results on TR3/4 blocks. I also like to drill the
holes a little deeper and add a couple of threads, using the special
studs that Greg Solow got ARP to make and a good bottoming tap to
ensure the threads go nearly to the bottom. I put in the helicoils if
necessary. I also like to back the studs off the bottom at least a
half turn--it seems to help the stud be easier to remove when you
need to. And of course I coat them lightly with anti-seize.