fot

RE: [FOT] BLOW-UPS

To: <FOT@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: RE: [FOT] BLOW-UPS
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:03:11 -0800
> If it is the four cylinder tractor engine, the adjustable
> spring loaded
> bypass valve would bypass oil.  That is how it limits the
> engine oil pressure rise.

There are actually two valves in the TRactor motor (as in most engines).
The adjustable one dumps oil back into the pan to limit pressure rise; but
there is also a fixed one that will bypass the filter (feeding the galleries
with unfiltered oil) if the drop across the filter becomes too high.  Jack's
"theory" is that perhaps this second valve opens even under normal
conditions ... which certainly seems possible to me.

Early TRactor motors actually used a "bypass" filter arrangement where the
galleries always got unfiltered oil.  The filtered oil was returned to the
sump !  Change point was around TS12650E.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.