fot

[Fot] bore sizes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] bore sizes
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:36:07 -0600
In an attempt to rein in rampant rules bending, VSCDA will be
enforcing displacement, weight and brake originality starting with
the 2007 season. The club is using a very wise approach. All
competitors were notified prior to the 2006 season and were given a
full year to bring their cars into compliance.  Cars not in
compliance will not be turned away but will generally run in the same
group but in a class designated for modified cars.

I know that these cars have 87 mm bores:

Jack Drews
Tony Drews
Joe Alexander
Joe Alexander (AMBRO under construction)
John Fridirici
Bob Wismer
Bill Dentinger
(sorry, forgot first name) Suhre - former Don Brick car
Dennis Delap TR3
Dennis Delap TR4 (beautiful, fresh race car, you've got to see it)
Irv Korey (why would anybody build a new TR vintage racer when this
one is for sale?)
Henry Frye (at least he used to, but Henry, you're going suspiciously
fast nowadays)
John James
Mark York
Doug Karon (Ambro in Minneapolis)
Cary Perket (TR3 in storage)
Gary Schneider (former Chip Bond SCCA car)
Robert Houston

Like Tony, I have no particular quarrel with cars prepared
differently. But, on the other hand, I'd like to know, so that in the
rare instance when I might beat one of those guys, I can privately
chortle over the accomplishment.