fot

[Fot] Permatex Red applied to rod bolts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Permatex Red applied to rod bolts
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:37:50 -0500
Amici,

What's the preferred technique for applying Red to bolt threads?  Lacking
info on their Web site, I applied a uniform coating to the leading 1/4 inch
of my TR4 rod bolts.  A day later it occurred to me that I might have
weakened the threaded connection by applying too much.  But if I'd applied
just a small spot, it too would have been smeared over the threads and
might not have been as strong.  Yes, I'm overthinking the problem.  But
what say y'all?  What's the preferred method?

TIA.  Merry Christmas friends!

Jim
--
Jim Hassall