fot

Re: [Fot] Bullet Style Cameras

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bullet Style Cameras
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:14:49 -0600
I bought a simple lipstick style security camera and mounted it on the
rollbar.  You need a recorder to go with it. You could buy a standalone
recorder, or you can use an ordinary camcorder to record.  I took the
camcorder route, since I already had one.  It is a bit cumbersome to
record, but gets decent pictures.  Power comes directly from the 12v car
battery. It cost about $250 to get it all setup, color but no sound. You
can get sound for more $$. This is a lot cheaper than the ones I've seen
in the race catalogs.  I'd suggest you talk to a knowledgeable person at
a good video store.
Larry Young