fot

Re: [Fot] Caliper questions

To: <Fubog1@aol.com>, <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Caliper questions
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:31:09 -0600
Moss and BPNW sell the o-ring. BPNW also sells Nitrided pistons for the
PB series caliper. I took 4 pairs apart this past weekend and out of 8
pucks only 3 were reusable. 2 calipers were corroded, so I ordered 6
pistons and stored the 3 reusable ones. I media blasted the halves and
used my set of dental picks to clean the grooves. I noticed that the
mating surfaces have a super-thin coating of silver paint that did not
come off easily with the glass media. Does anyone have any knowledge
abut that?

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Co.