fot

Re: [Fot] TR 4 Differentials

To: "jrhill" <jrhill@chorus.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR 4 Differentials
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:07:29 -0800
One little bit to add to the last message.  I did find a method of locking the
diff when we were not allowed a welded part or an alternate diff, I heated the
teeth of the spider gears, red hot, then flattened them to each other. This
passed the regulations part as I had not added any material, but the teeth
broke off in about five laps and blew up the diff so a costly mistake while
trying to gain an advantage. Sometimes you get bitten by the bear, if you
tease him too much.

Clarification of the regulation at the time was " you can do anything you
wish, but you must not add any material". No bolts, nuts, steel or even
welding rod. No added material. This rule was aimed primarily at people to
stop them adding aluminum welding rod to their inlet manifold to make a better
shape.

Never Be beaten by Equipment
Kas Kastner