fot

Re: [Fot] MOTRAH-007 Motorplex Autocross @ Road America in May

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MOTRAH-007 Motorplex Autocross @ Road America in May
From: JReed@wilson.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 05:25:34 -0800
I raced a kart there last summer, it was a blast. The track can be
configured many different ways.
Yes there is a blind corksrcew. This will be a fun event.

Regards,
John Reed
Staff Photographer
Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
8700 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60631, USA
Tel. + 1.773.490.8908, fax +1.773.714.4585
JReed@wilson.com  www.wilson.com  www.amersports.com

Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Sent by: fot-bounces@autox.team.net
01/31/07 07:06 AM

fot@autox.team.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Fot] MOTRAH-007 Motorplex Autocross @ Road America in May

I say: Bring it on!

I've always wanted to sample the go-kart track.  It's one of the
nicest I've seen.  I think it's got a mini Laguna Seca-like
corkscrew, although that may be an optical illusion (or wishful thinking).

It will be good to bring the ex-John Lye TR back to its autocross
roots.  I may have to look at re-installing the rear sway bar.

- Tony Drews

At 08:06 AM 1/31/2007, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:
>FoT:
>
>Now that it has been established that there will be a killer Autocross at
the
>BRIGGS & STRATTON Motorplex Complex on the grounds at Road America, I'd
like
>the names of those who plan to attend from the FoT. I will add to the
>burgeoning roadracer list on my Excel Spreadsheet.
>
>The Motorplex is a course that is used for go-cart racing, etc.   Changes
in
>elevation and all manner of neat stuff.  It will be open most of the day
on
>Saturday, like from  10:00AM-2:00PM.
>
>It is open to (only) Triumphs, Healeys, and Morgans...both street cars
and
>race cars. I can see Tony challenging Jack for a father/son
>shootout.  I can see
>some AUTOCROSSERS challenging some ROADRACERS. I can see a lot of
creative
>excuses for outcomes.
>
>Anyway, give me your names and states.....do it now! thanks!
>
>Oh yes,  Road America is donating the course for our use. Fees for
running,
>if any, will be small.
>
>Joe Alexander

>http://www.eset.com

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.