fot

[Fot] Getting the Tour started

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: [Fot] Getting the Tour started
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:39:53 -1000
I'm working on the schedule for the All Aluminum Tour and I have a
couple of races I'm not sure about. I can't find a race schedule for
Brainerd on their website--all it shows is drag racing stuff. I have
a date of August 9-12 in the tentative schedule, but I'm not sure
where I got it. Anyone know dates for vintage events at Brainerd?

Second, VSCCA shows the Summer sprints at Lime rock August 3,4 but it
doesn't appear on the Lime Rock calendar--can anyone confirm that?

I'm getting ready to send letters to all the organizations telling
them I'd like to come and looking for some accomodation--I don't want
to show up and find out I can't race because I'm not a member, or my
SCCA license isn't good enough, or Peyote is just too freaking ugly
(by month two of being on the road I'm betting that Peyote's "patina"
is going to be a bit thick).  It would also be nice to get a break on
joining all these clubs for a single race or two. this is going to be
expensive enough as it is (even for Mr. Moneybags). Any suggestions
welcomed.

Bill