fot

[Fot] Getting the Tour started

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Getting the Tour started
From: "jrhill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:44:25 -0600
Bill Babcock wrote:

> I'm working on the schedule for the All Aluminum Tour and I have a
> couple of races I'm not sure about. I can't find a race schedule for
> Brainerd on their website--all it shows is drag racing stuff. I have
> a date of August 9-12 in the tentative schedule, but I'm not sure
> where I got it. Anyone know dates for vintage events at Brainerd?

The vintage group that's been running one weekend a year at Brainerd is VSCR
and their web page is at: http://www.vscr.org/
It looks like they haven't posted a 2007 calendar yet.

As you probably know, BIR/Donnybrooke has changed hands more than once in
the past several years (most recently this past September) and there were no
SCCA or other sporty-car events there for a few years due to insurance
problems. But the last I heard, VSCR and SCCA's Land-O-Lakes region were
holding one joint race a year at BIR. Last year it was on May 27-28.

The SCCA-LOL region's calendar is at http://www.scca-lol.org/calendar/, but
there's no 2007 calendar there either.

You might want to send an email message to Rich & Liz Stadther
<stadther@comcast.net> of VSCR to see if there's a firm date for this year.
The VSCR website indicates that inquiries can also be sent to
<webmaster@vscr.org>.

Let me know if you're able to include BIR on the "Tour" -- I've got a summer
place 18 miles out of Brainerd, and I'd love to see Peyote in action.

Jim Hill
Madison WI