fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 Block - boat anchor?

To: "Mark Eginton" <mee23@cornell.edu>,<FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Block - boat anchor?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:30:31 -0600
I would either leave it alone or look for another block.  Personally,
I'd be looking for another block.  Holes can be drilled out and
tapped, and an insert can be threaded and bonded into the larger hole
to bring it back to the right size (I've had that done before), but
welding up cast iron is a dicey proposition.

There's nothing worse than retorquing your head after the first heat
cycle and having one of the head studs strip out.  Well, OK, there
probably ARE worse things, but it's definitely a sinking feeling.

As far as I know, keeping the block "numbers correct" doesn't add
much value to the TR's (unlike, say, early Corvettes).

- Tony Drews